Monday 15 August 2011

Trying out something new

I have been meaning to try and colour with pencils on black cardstock before and finally got around to it! The result is ... interesting. The jury is still out if I like it or not.
 I stamped Whimsy Star by Kenny K in white ink on black cardstock and coloured her is mixture of different pencils, basically just testing various brands: Faber-castell Polychromos, Derwent Inktense and Prismacolor. If I were to do it again, I'd use Prismacolour only, mainly because they gave the most opaque result.
 I used papers From Echo Park For The Record pad and Crate Portrait pad. That lush butterfly swirl is a chipboard from Make It Crafty. I did a lot of random dotting with Viva gloss gel in Sunny Yellow and Walnut Brown.

Film marker sentiment is from a brand new Whimsy set and I cut it out with a matching die.
I hope I might have given you an idea for something new to try out!

Don't forget to check out Quixotic Paperie shop for a summer sale and lots of new goodies! :)

Thanks for popping by!
Annika

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea, I love the results. I am going to give it a whirl! Jane x
    http://thecraftbucket.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annika, this is gorgeous! Love the neon look it give it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...