Saturday 29 January 2011

Get Your Shabby Chic On

We all love a bit of distressing with a bit of Shabby Chic thrown in for good measure don't we? My make today is a follow on from my Shabby Chic make from last Saturday. It is a little Shabby Chic New Home Tag and I thought I would share some of the making process with you today.


What you will need:
Paper and card - Cream card, designer papers Pink Paislee Sweetness pad is perfect as it has some lovely Shabby Chic colours and the big flowers to cut out.
Image - I've used the SCACD Guardian Hearth and Home, perfect for my 'Home' theme
Crystals - I've used some Prima crystals but you can easily use Flat Backed gems or the Viva decor pens with your Bazzill Jewel Templates
Other stash bits and bobs - Glue, leaf skeleton, keyhole, Alpha stamps, seam ripper, Blending foam/ tool



Layers, Layers, Layers! I want to matt and layer my tag so I cut out three sizes of tags with the cream card as the background and then the designer papers getting progressively smaller but only by a few millimetres. I've also cut out one of the lovely flower patterns from the Pink Paislee Sweetness pad, so pretty!




Inky Fingers! I wanted to slightly darken the pink layer as it wasn't quite the colour I wanted so used my blending tool and distress inks to roughly intensify the colour. If you haven't got a blending tool or even some of the Rangers foam, don't worry - dig out a clean make-up sponge!



Oh I'm just so distressed! Yep it is time to get a but distructive - be brave - you can do it! I use my seam ripper on the edges of the paper and card and if you aren't sure what a seam ripper is, or it is called something else where you are from, I mean one of these:



They are usually easily obtainable from your local haberdashery and you can often pick them up for under £1 (but I have seen them more pricey!)




Oooo Shiney! Glitter time is here again and I've used the Viva Decor Glitter Liner Holo-Iridescent on all of the card and paper edges to add more Shabby Chic sparkle. This step takes a little patience but it is worth it!




Ok so everything is dry, you have coloured your image and stamped out the sentiment so all you need to do is stick it all together and add your gems and extras!



Quick - Shiny distraction alert!



Enjoy your weekend!


8 comments:

  1. wow this is beautiful, thanks for sharing.
    x laura x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a super-duper card

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely stunning!!! I am going to have to get that stamp now!! Love the papers too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this is stuning,love those papers which I have,just brilliant hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! I'm not great at embellishing - looks messy! But you're the queen at it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning and what a super way to use a tool I don't like to use (when my sewing machine gets it wrong and I have to undo the stitches lol). Love it all

    Hugs, Mette

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...