Sunday 27 February 2011

Copic Colouring Video: Skintones #1

After lots of procrastination, I'd like to share my very first Copic colouring video with you all!

This first video will show you how I colour skintones.  Please note – I am not Copic certified, all colouring techniques have been self-taught through watching videos, checking out step by step tutorials and experimenting on my own. This video shows the way I colour – nothing more! I hope it will help some of you experimenting with your own style and techniques!

You will note that there is no sound! I shot this video before Christmas just after buying a new video camera, and I wasn’t quite feeling brave enough to add my ramblings to the mix. I have provided the Copic markers used at each step, and the video is available in HD so you can hopefully get a good look at my colouring style.




The completed image was used on this card – Thanks Bunches!

You can find the Mo Manning Kissy rubber stamp from Stamping Bella here in the UK at Quixotic Paperie!

Cardstock used is Neenah Classic Crest Solar White Super Smooth.

If you have any questions at all, feel free to ask away in the comments section here and I will do my best to answer them!  I hope you enjoy the video and find it useful - if you do, I'd love to hear from you.

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous tutorial, Elaine! :) Thank you so much for sharing it! I've always been a fan of your colouring skills and I'd love to see more videos on clothes :) These are the most difficult to me:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant tutorial, Elaine! Although would have been good to hear your dulcet tones!

    I usually start with my lightest shades to darker shades but I find that sometimes saturates the card too much and it can bleed. I'm gonna try your dark to light instead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful tutorial!!! thank you for making it. can't wait for more :)
    Hugs,
    Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the video, where do you buy the card stock please!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous tutorial Elaine, I've always loved you colouring and just bought my first copics yesterday and hadn't a clue what I'm doingso that's a big help, thanks hun
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...