Thursday 12 May 2011

Tips on using paper collection kits!

Mary J here today to give you some tips on using one my all time fave goodies over at Quixotic Paperie - paper collection kits!  As some of you know, I mainly make cards to sell for charity - it's such a great excuse to spend more time crafting to help to raise funds for worthwhile causes (even though you know you should be doing the ironing!).

Last weekend I gave over 50 cards to our local Sussex Horse Rescue Trust so now my stock of cards has been seriously depleted!  I need to quickly get them back up and one way I do this is to use the 12 x 12 paper collection packs.  Here are four cards I made using one of the Echo Park Collection Kits that Quixotic Paperie sell...


I made all four of these cards from the Little Boy Collection Kit in less than two hours last night - pretty impressive for me as just one card can take me days to do!  To speed up the process I simply:
  1. Selected some co-ordinating plain cardstock 
  2. Selected a couple of border punches
  3. Copied sketches I've used before
  4. Used my Grand Calibur to cut several Nesties at the same time- I'm sure the Big Shot can be used this way too!
So there's hardly any thinking that goes into the actual process making them!  I used Ranger Archival Jet Black ink for the sentiments, some buttons from my stash and 4mm chocolate flat backed pearls (90p for 100 - talk about value for money!!).
That's it from me today - off to make more cards for my stock!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...