Tuesday 21 June 2011

A little sunshine for Monday :)

As you might or might not know, I am a wee bit intimidated by manga. :) I'm never quite exactly sure how to colour it - which is a darn good reason to keep practicing. :) I have loved Make It Crafty summer/beach line of stamps from day one - about time I got around playing with them! Today I have happily mucked up the Hula Girl.
 I decided to be awkward again and mat kraft card on designer paper (Basic Grey Hello Luscious) instead of other way around, like normal people. Sponged and distressed everything on sight with linen-hued acrylic paint. I love regular acrylic instead of crackle paint because IT DRIES FAST. 'Nuf said. 
 The colouring is done with Faber-Castell Art Grip pencils. Yes, I am going through all the possible pencils I can get my hands onto. Those particular ones are pretty good. Not as soft and vibrant as Prismas but easier to achieve precision and detail in colouring.
 For the sentiment I have used brand new Whimsy Good Life Ticket sentiment set - it fitted like a glove! The flowers are old Primas - I was real happy to finally use them! And under the flowers - yes, you guessed - uber cool laser cut chipboard I am happily obsessed with! lol
Now, that's it from me today - big hugs and happy crafting!
Annika

1 comment:

  1. wow this is gorgeous n the coloring is stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...