Friday 10 June 2011

A little Altering and a Grungepaper Rose Tutorial

Hiya guys and gals!

You will know that this month is a special month for Quixotic Paperie as they are celebrating their second birthday.

In honour of this I am going to bring you a special post highlighting lots of products that are perfect for altering, available at Quixotic . Now I love to alter things, but I don't use anything special or fancy and I promise any of you who might think that it is too tricky...that if I can do it then anyone can!
 

Firts up I am going to show you a little box I have altered and I will highlight the Quixotic Paperie  products I have used.

Products used:
Secondly I am going to show you how to alter a wooden frame and make a grungepaper rose to go on it! I will take you through this with step by step photos, again highlighting products you can purchase from QP.

The wooden photo frame is one you can buy from any craft store. These are the  additional materials you will need.
  • Grungepaper
  • Distress Stain Ink ( I have used 'Fired Brick')
  • Staz On Ink pad
  • Distress Crackle Paint
  • Glimmer Mist 'Pearl'
  • Script back ground Stamp ( I have used one from Hero Arts)
  • Flower Stamp ( I have used one from Studio 490) 
Step 1:




Paint your photo frame with 'Picket Fence' Distress Crackle Paint. leave to dry. Spritz with 'Pearl' Glimmer Mist for fabulous shine and enhancehment of the crackles! Hard to see in photo...but gorgeous in real life!

Step 2:


Stamp 4  flowers with Black Staz-On ink onto your Grungepaper.

Step 3:

Using your Script background , stamp so the flowers are covered.
Step 4:

 
Stain the flowers with the Distress Ink Stain. Do this a 2nd time for more vibrant colour!


Step 5:


Cut out the flowers as shown in the picture. Thrown the left over pieces away.

Step 6:


Assemble the flower pieces together using Glossy accents and a clip to hold them in place whilst they dry. I like to use Tim Holtz Hinge Clips.

Step 7:


Once the separate flower pieces are dry, assemble the flower together using Glossy Accents. Add a finishing touch to the centre of the flower with an acrylic bead.

Step 8:

Attatch flower to your photo frame. Die cut a couple of leaves from Grungepaper and stain with 'Forest Moss' Distress Ink. Add a pearl spray and finish with an adhesive flourish on the opposite corner!

Phew! Is anyone still with me ??? If so, thank you. I did not invent the wheel here with my little tutorial as I am sure you can find many out there on how to make grungepaper roses. I just wanted to share with you the way I do it and also how you can put it once you have made it to good use!

Thanks for visiting today!
Judy x

3 comments:

  1. Hi Judy....I'm still here....lol....thanks for the great and clear tutorial!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous altered frame. I like how you've kept it quite clean and simple looking. Thanks for the tutorial, I have made a couple of flowers in that way and they do turn out beautiful.
    Julie W x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous frame, thanks for the tutorial!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...