Monday 13 June 2011

Going all flowery and girly :)

Hi, it's Annika here again - long time, no see! :)

I wanted to try if I could colour with my kids pencils without the help of OMS or the blending stump, just blending one pencil with another. The answer is yes, but the leads are too pigment poor and hard to give a good blending. And I had to use Faber-Castell Polychromos pencils for face because my kids pencil box just didn't have good skin colours.

The image I used is called 1st Signs of Spring and she is by Carmen Medlin for SCACD. I think she looks lovely for any season though and has a bit more grown-up feel. As much as I like colouring cute kiddo images not everybody is keen on them and it's great to have a variety of cards.
 The papers I used are from Pink Paislee Sweetness pad and all the fancy medallion and butterfly shapes are laser cut chipboard from Make It Crafty.
For sentiments I used one of favorite staple sets - Whimsy Treasured Moments Ticket Sentiments Set. I also stamped the edges of the image panel and some papers with Stempelglede Grunge Collection stamps.

There's also a liberal sprinkling of flat back pearls involved - just can't keep my hands off them! :D

Oh, and don't forget that it's a birthday month at Quixotic Paperie - keep checking the inspirations blog and shop website for fun projects and special offers! :)
Thank you for popping in and hope you'll have a great week!
Hugs
Annika

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...